REV. ANTHONY MTUASWA JOHNSON
MINISTER, TEACHER, SPEAKER
Rev. Anthony Mtuaswa Johnson, Mississippi born, and Chicago bred, is a minister, speaker, teacher, soldier, producer, poet, husband, father, grandfather and Elder.
His Poetry CD, entitled Spirit Talk, is as AJ says, “Spoken Word for the Rest of Us, That Speaks to the Best in Each of us”.
Anthony’s current Entrepreneurial Ministry is dedicated to Removing Unconscious Bias from the Soil of the Soul through a series of Zoom-based, multicultural awareness and anti-racism workshops. These include: "Future Masculine...", "Intro to Multicultural Awareness" and "Exploring African Indigenous Spirituality"
African Spiritual Arts
Mtuaswa, his African name, is trained in the African Spiritual Tradition of the Dagara people of Burkina Faso, as taught by Malidoma Somé.
He offers workshops in "Exploring African Indigenous Spirituality", as well as individual African Divination sessions for life guidance.
ABOUT : Version B
Anthony is an avid Tai Chi practitioner.
- Anthony’s current Entrepreneurial Ministry is dedicated to Removing Unconscious Bias from the Soil of the Soul through a series of Zoom-based, multicultural awareness and anti-racism workshops. These include: "Future Masculine", "Intro to Multicultural Awareness" and "Exploring African Indigenous Spirituality"
Anthony was ordained as a Unitarian Universalist minister in October 2020.
Anthony has recently served as Guest Minister at Unitarian Universalist congregations in Arizona, California, Georgia and Montana.
As an author & poet, Anthony has released a Poetry CD entitled "Spirit Talk", an E-Book ("The Future Masculine Movement...") and a Poetry Book called "What if God is a Woman?"
AJ is featured as a speaker at public events, including racial justice conferences, legislative forums, arts festivals and spoken word stages.
- He holds a Master’s of Divinity Degree from the Starr King School for the Ministry.
- He holds a Master’s Degree in Human Learning and Development.
- Anthony is a former United States Army Officer.
- Anthony was born a Baptist in the South and raised as a Muslim in the North and never accepting either, became a Unitarian Universalist in 2012.
- Anthony has over 20+ years in creative media production and executive management experience.
- He has been active in social justice activities since the late 1960’s.
- He completed his Ministerial Internship at the Sedona Unitarian Universalist Fellowship and his Clinical Pastoral Education at Banner Desert Medical Center, the sixth busiest trauma center in the country.
- Anthony is an Elder, an African-American cis-gender hetero-sexual male who uses the gender pronouns he/him/his.
- Anthony is married to Lydia Munoz Johnson. Together they parent four children and five grand-children.
- He loves music, practices and shares Tai Chi, enjoys playing word games and is a Master Poet.
- He is the eldest of four children born in Hattiesburg, MS.
- Anthony loves to travel and has been to forty of the fifty states and has served as a mentor to child-soldiers in war-torn Liberia, West Africa.